Portal: Direct link to a specific record

We are excited to inform you that we have introduced a new feature wherein you can generate direct links for each record for the portal.

For more information about this feature, please visit this article: How to open specific record automatically upon loading the portal? | miniExtensions for Airtable

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have. Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below or by contacting us via chat.

2 Likes

Great feature! I’ve been testing it, and it works great. I just wished it came with a copy URL button option to quickly copy the URL. Thankfully, the HTML Formula Field exists, so you could enter this on a formula field and display them in your portal or form:

<button onclick="copyToClipboard('Copy to Clipboard!')">Copy URL</button>\n\n<script>\nfunction copyToClipboard(text) {\n  const copyText = document.createElement('textarea');\n  copyText.value = "web.miniextensions.com' & RECORD_ID() & '";\n  document.body.appendChild(copyText);\n  copyText.select();\n  document.execCommand('copy');\n  document.body.removeChild(copyText);\n  alert('Text copied to clipboard!');\n}\n</script>

The only downside is that you’d have a generic style button instead of a uniformed MiniExtension style button.

2 Likes

Hi @briansport13. It is possible to use the formula in the button field in Airtable and add this to the Form Field. In this way, it will follow the button format from miniExtensions.

Hi @briansport13. My apologies for not fully understanding your point earlier. I agree with your suggestion of using a formula rendered as HTML to achieve the desired outcome, as the Airtable button does not support it. With the use of HTML rendering for formula field, you can also apply CSS styling to customize the appearance of the button.

@Abdul it seems this feature has disappeared?

Hi @willh. This should be available by now. Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused.

@Abdul Is there a way to view the record URL within an embedded portal in my website? Any thoughts on how to do this?

Hi @Renee, when you say “view the record URL” what exactly do you mean? Please elaborate a little on what you would like to do and I would be happy to provide some guidance on how to achieve this.