Form: Trigger Compute Automatically

We are pleased to announce that we have introduced a feature in wherein you can choose whether compute button will be triggered manually or automatically.

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have. Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below or by contacting us via chat.

1 Like

Excellent work guys!

1 Like

Cool feature I’ve already utilized it in one of my use cases for Address Display with Formula and Text, which works like a charm. But I couldn’t get it to work on my linked records on rollup, and I would have to still click on the compute button every time I add a new link item or change some of the fields in the linked item before the rollup record would update. Is this an expected current limitation of the feature?

Hi @briansport13. Unfortunately, the linked record field does not support auto-compute.

Well, bummer! It would be great if it does work since I’m sure a lot of forms revolve around rollup & formula derived from linked records. I personally use rollup for calculating total price for a checkout system & that would save some loading time if it’s done automatically. Could you put this as a feature request?

1 Like

I have created a ticket for this request. We will keep you updated through this channel.

I have the exact same problem, I have an invoice system where I need to do the same

Can you possibly also showcase your checkout system Brian. You are doing some amazing stuff. I am struggling a bit with the rollup of totals, I have many variable and Tax etc that must be calculated

Thanks! I’d like to do that eventually, but I still haven’t had the chance to fully document my whole setup. I think it would be quite confusing to fully grasp the setup (which is quite complex due to its reliance on some external services like Make) without proper documentation. However, if you’re looking for help or suggestions, I’m sure you could start your own thread and I, along with other people, would be able to help/cook up some suggestions for your setup. If you’d like to share more details, I’d be happy to help on Discord. You can add me by briansports; I’m more reachable there. Also, as a suggestion to the mods here, @Abdul, it would be great if you had an official Discord channel for faster flow of information for frequent users. I know a lot of micro SAAS prefer Discord and have ditched the traditional forum sites like discourse, which is something to consider.

1 Like