Scroll bar for Grid view on Portal

Hi.

Currently there is only a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page/screen. I have a LARGE Grid and some Clients have hundreds of rows, but they have to scroll down to the bottom, scroll across, then scroll up to see the Field that they need, but because they can’t freeze the first Field, they lose track of which row they are trying to see.

It works brilliantly on an iPad or a device with a touch screen, but for Desktop users (most of my Clients), it is difficult to use.

A scroll bar at the TOP of the Grid would be very useful!

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Albie_on_tour,

This is how it should work now. However, please note that the scrollbar is always present at the bottom of the screen, not at the bottom of the grid. The screenshot shows an example in desktop view using Google Chrome.

Could you kindly let us know which web browser you’re using?

Regards,
Paulo

1 Like

Hi Paulo.

I’ve been using Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari, but also Google Chrome. The latter probably the more commonly used by my Clients.
I see and understand what you’re saying with the scroll bar being present at the bottom of the screen and not the Grid. For my Portal, you need to scroll down the page to see the scroll bar, by keep your cursor in the top 25% of the page, otherwise if your cursor is hovering over the Grid, then the Grid scrolls down. Otherwise, you can click and drag the scroll bar on the right, down - but people tend to use track pads or scroll wheels on their mouse.

It is a little clunky in the sense that you need to get into the habit of keeping your cursor in the top 25% of the screen (see screenshot, yellow highlighted area is where you need to keep cursor) when scrolling to then see the bottom scroll bar and this is obviously something some of my Clients haven’t gotten into the habit of. Hence they were asking for a scroll bar at the top. To be fair, it is easier to use on a touch screen device!

Ultimately, it is a ‘nice to have’ and would make it more user friendly, but it is a case of getting used to how it works.

Hi @Albie_on_tour,

Apologies for the delayed response. We understand your concern. We have previously implemented a feature that would enable users to view a larger section of the grid even if they have long descriptions that cover most of the screen. We have created a ticket for this concern and we will keep you updated through this channel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

2 Likes