Camera access request for scan functionality not working on Safari & iOS for embedded extensions

I am using an embedded form placed on a site builder and found that when accessing the form from a Webkit-based browser (Safari and every browser on iOS), no prompt to access the camera appears when I try to scan for a QR code. I have tested it with different forms and by embedding it on a different site builder, and I have confirmed that it is not an isolated problem of one form or site builder not playing nicely with miniExtensions. I have also tested those forms in Chrome and found that they work as expected. It is worth noting that, since the form is having problems requesting access for camera access to scan for QR, I assumed it would also have problems uploading files, photos, and locations that would also require requests for access for (files, camera, and location data), although I have not tested this out myself.

Hi @briansport13,

Thank you for your feedback. I have already forwarded your concern to our team, and we will keep you updated through this channel.

Regards,
Paulo

Hi, I was wondering if there is any update regarding this issue. I just checked and the same embedded extension still has this issue on iOS and Safari. I was wondering if it will ever be supported, or if it is currently a limitation from the browser itself that you cannot control.

Hi @briansport13. The ticket is already in progress and we are hoping to release the feature within the next few weeks. Rest assured, we will keep you updated through this channel. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello @briansport13. We wanted to let you know that we have already released a solution to this issue, so the problem should be resolved. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Yep can confirm that it’s working fine now. Thanks team!

1 Like