Portal: Multiple Conditional Options for Single + Multiple Select

Allow for multiple conditions when filtering out options in Single + Multiple Select, so that you are filtering out choices based on filters in other fields

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! In order to better understand your request, can you please expand on this. Screenshots and/or video would be helpful.

Of course. Let’s say I was creating a database of wines, and I had Fields for:

• Countries
  • Regions
  • Subregions

Because Different Countries have multiple regions and there are sub-regions within those regions, in order to have a user select a subregion, currently I would need to have a field for each region, and then each of those subregions would contain a list of sub-region.

What i’d rather have is one field with ALL regions, and one field with ALL sub-regions

And then in the Sub-region field, be able to only show certain sub-regions based on a condition.

For example,

If REGION = X, Only show Subregions 1, 2, 3 as Options
If REGION = Y, Only show Subregions 4, 5, 6 as Options
If REGION = Z, Only show Subregions 7, 8, 9 as Options

Oh I see.

This is actually possible with linked records using the following feature: Form: Dynamic conditional filters for linked record fields

We have internally discussed adding this capability for single and multi select fields. Unfortunately, that would be very complicated, and there’s a workaround in this case where the user can convert the single/mutli select fields to linked record fields. Would this be possible for you?

I don’t think this would work in our case, because we are trying to use this to create new records, not link to existing ones.

The feature I mentioned above works for both editing and creating. I feel like it works just like what you explained in the regions example above.

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t work, because the hierarchies of wine regions differ in # from country to country.

Ideally, we wouldn’t have to use linked records for this.

I see. We had not considered varying hierarchies previously. I’ve created a ticket for this. We’ll post here when we have updates.

Hello. Following up to see if there was any progress on this request.