Duplicate Entire Portal/Base

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to duplicate an entire portal/extensions/forms we have created for a particular base to another base.

We have initially set everything up to work with our staging environment and a “staging base” on Airtable, and it would be excellent if we could copy everything over exactly as it is and connect it to our “live base”.

Regards.

Hi @silisols. Regrettably, it is not possible to map the settings from the original base when duplicating a base. This is because duplicating a base generates new table IDs and field IDs, making it incompatible with the settings of the original base. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Hi @Abdul,

Thanks for your reply. I don’t think I explained myself clearly enough.

All of the existing “staging” extensions/forms/portals we had created in Miniextensions.com (tied to our staging base) needed to be duplicated. We had duplicated the staging base and were hoping to also be able to duplicate all of the staging extensions/forms/portals and tie it to the new duplicated (live) base.

Alas, it didn’t look like this was an option that was available in Miniextensions so we spent the entire day yesterday re-setting every single form (we have close to 20), portals, portal edit forms and extensions for the new live base.

Please consider adding this as a feature. It would be amazing to be able to click on a “Duplicate” button in Miniextensions and have everything that is tied to one base duplicated to another similarly duplicated base. Thank you.

Regards.

Hi @silisols. We will take note of this for future consideration. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

1 Like