Duplicate Forms within Portal

Hi team, me again…
Is it possible to duplicate forms within the Portal?
I use a long form, full of conditions to show certain fields, and i’d like to replicate/duplicate the form but make small changes to it for when they click to ‘edit’ the record…
I found ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ but it doesnt paste the fields?!
Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Pauly,
The copy and paste feature is used to copy the whole setup of the form’s fields & settings and paste it into another that shares the same Airtable table. It will overwrite and will not add to the previous values. Copying and pasting in the same extension and form will not change anything since it has the same field/settings.

You cannot add the same fields twice on the same form, but you can copy and paste it to another within the portal or on another extension. If a child form in another Portal field shares the same Airtable table as the form you copied, you can paste it into the child form. You can also duplicate a Form/Portal extension.

Please check these articles for more details:
How can I use existing form extension as a child form?
How to make copies of the same extension?

Regards,
Ramieli

Hi @Abdul

So, this is what I get if I try to copy/paste within the same extension/portal
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.30.26 pm
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.31.09 pm
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.32.12 pm

It is using the same Airtable ‘table’ and same Portal…
Im trying to copy from ‘Event Booking Form’ to ‘Event Edit Form’ (those are the names of the forms).

Am I missing something?

Hi @Pauly
Could you please try copying the ‘Event Booking Form’ again and pasting it onto the ‘Event Edit Form’? Please note that the error message may appear if you accidentally copy something other than the form, such as an image or text. Let me know if you encounter any issues, and I’ll be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
Ramieli

Hi @Abdul ,
I have screen recorded what process I am taking to make it easier :slight_smile:
https://streamlinedcom-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/pauly_maybury_streamlinedcommunications_com/Ee_XePWARXNEoeSHeW9Gj3oB6fW8GCy1Qh08U0s2pI-AKQ?e=imEaCk

Hi @Abdul - just following up on this please :slight_smile:

Hi @Pauly,
I apologize for the delayed response. We missed your message somehow. I can’t replicate the issue on my end. Can you provide the URL that has this issue so we can further investigate this concern? Thank you.

Regards,
Ramieli

No worries:
https://web.miniextensions.com/extension-config/appvDh2VeOBF62z6I/coW40fwpnn0MVIH7p0Cv

Hi @Pauly,
I apologize for the late reply. I am still unable to replicate the issue on my end. I will create a ticket for our technical team to investigate this further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ll keep you posted on any updates through this channel.

Regards,
Ramieli

1 Like

Hi @Pauly,
Do you still encounter this issue? We still can’t replicate it on our end.

Regards,
Ramieli

Hello!

It would be interesting to review this feature, and maybe improve it to allow copying forms from different portals and different forms that refer to the same table!

It would make it very easy to the portal/forms creators to copy form X from a table (that is not from a portal) and paste it into form Y that is inside a portal Y, when they are from the same table and vice versa! Or between different portals from the same table.

Unless I am mistaken, this used to work before, but now it no longer works - maybe it is a bug.

Hi @amanda.teodoro. I appreciate your feedback. Copying a child form setup from one form or portal (let’s call it X) and pasting it into another form or portal (let’s call it Y) is indeed possible, as long as they are both associated with the same table. I have made updates to the relevant article to provide additional instructions and prevent any potential issues that may arise when using the copy/paste feature. If you have any further questions or need assistance with the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

https://docs.miniextensions.com/en/articles/7131451

1 Like

Hi @Abdul, the message still appears when trying to copy the create form and paste it into the edit form. Look:

Hi @amanda.teodoro. To assist you further with this concern, could you please contact us through the chat? We would like to gather more information from you in order to start investigating and addressing the issue. Thank you!

Same same here, I still can’t replicate either :confused:

Kind Regards,
Pauly M.
Lead Engineer
Global Operations, Technical & Provisioning
STREAMLINED COMMUNICATIONS

Hi @Abdul, the issue is exactly the same as @Pauly.

Before, it was possible to copy and paste the structure of the forms using the same table, but the feature has some bug that no longer works :confused:

Hi @amanda.teodoro and @Pauly. We kindly request that you create a duplicate of the extension and share the URL with us. This will allow us to test the duplicate extension on our end without impacting the portal or form currently used by your users. Additionally, please specify the linked record field on which we should conduct the testing. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi @Abdul!

This is happening in all portals. So for your test, I’ve created another base with a new portal so you can try to copy and paste the form configuration.

This is the URL: https://web.miniextensions.com/Hed8wWaJQ57vhavPozl4

To access, please enter with the word: test

Thanks for the support!

Hi @amanda.teodoro. I tried it using your portal and I was able to use copy and paste. Please check this recording.

Can you try this with other web browser? I am using Google Chrome during testing.

Hi @Abdul !!!

I was using Mozilla… I tried to use Google Chrome but this message appeared:

Still, I tried it in Edge and it worked!

Do you know why am I having problems in Mozilla or why can’t I access my account using Google Chrome?

Thanks for the support!