Slow loading when convert Attachment to URL

I’m using Public URLs for Airtable Attachment and whenever I click on the link, it shows like this.

Is there any way to fix this?

Hi @Phuong thanks for your post. We have notified our engineers regarding this issue, we will keep you posted with the progress here.

Hello, @Phuong We want to notify you that our team of engineers has been working hard to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the decision has been reached not to accept files larger than 30MB. Supporting larger files has been a difficult task and has caused degraded performance for all our website users. If your documents are larger than 30MB, they will no longer be supported by this extension. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I seem to be having the same problem even with small attachments. Once the link is clicked the following message appears: “Please wait… loading may take up to 10 seconds. Try refreshing later.” Then after refreshing the browser a couple of times the document finally appears. Is there a fix in the works for this?

Hello @chrisO, Our team of engineers has been informed that the issue is still ongoing. They have been working hard to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We will provide you with any updates via this channel. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Hello, I do have the same problem. Is there any news about it’s fix ?

Hello @francois @chrisO, thank you for your patience. The behavior you encountered is expected, so it is not a bug. It is necessary to wait at least 10 seconds, if after this time the image doesn’t show try refreshing the link. In some cases, it may be necessary to wait a bit more than 10 seconds before refreshing.

Hello @Abdul , thank you for your reply. By the way, is it planed to reduce the time for updating the “link” after an update of the attachment ? “5 days” is a little bit long :wink:

1 Like

This is a big problem. Now I get the message that my file is too big but its 451KB to be exact. And it takes forever to load. You need to reduce the cache to hours and not 5 days please. This needs to be addresses ASAP.

1 Like

{“error”:true,“message”:“File too large max file size is 30mb”}

Hello @francois @ultimate1984 We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our dedicated engineering team is actively working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible. Rest assured, this is our top priority at the moment. I will provide you with updates here. Thank you for your patience.

I’m happy to announce that we have implemented changes to the behavior of this extension. Kindly test the performance on your end and inform us if you experience any issues with the new behavior.

Hi Ana

It works much better, thank you very much. It also loads quicker.

Hi @Abdul,
It works better ! Many thanks to your engineers :wink:
What about the delay for an update ?

Hi @francois,
At the moment, there is no plan for this improvement. An alternative solution could be to create a new record in Airtable and uploading the new attachment. This will regenerate a new URL that works instantly.

Ok, thanks @Abdul. I’ll think about this alternative.

1 Like