Variable form prefill

While it is great that any form can now be prefilled by setting the parameter in the form setting, it would be even better if the prefill line could be a variable from the user table, rather than a fixed text applied to all. (I guess this is part of the large family of (potential) requests calling for parameter to be variable rather than one-size-fits-all fixed.)

1 Like

Hi @dstastny,

We’d like to help, but we need more information before we can respond to this thread. Are you referring to this feature that needs improvement?

Regards,
Paulo

I think what she meant is the ability to use Airtable fields as the prefill value for different records, and to have custom formulas prefill for each record, just like the newly released Custom Menu item URL. Which is a +1 for me would be very helpful

Hi @briansport13,

We have this feature that can prefill the record that is about to be created in the linked records field.

You can only set static value for this feature. Is this the feature that you want to be dynamic by adding an option to pull a value from an Airtable field?

Regards,
Paulo

1 Like

Yes, that is it: currently, when using prefill, it must be the same for all users. If it was an AT Field, I could use different prefill for males vs females, students vs faculty, or anything else I fancy in the formula of that field…
Does this make sense?

1 Like

Hi @dstastny,

This make sense. I have created a ticket for this request. We will keep you updated on the progress through this channel.

Regards,
Paulo

1 Like

Hello, I am checking to see if there is any progress on this feature and if there is an estimated time of arrival. I am planning a new project that would require this feature and I am considering waiting for it if it is already in progress and will be available in 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

Same, this would be super helpful!!!

Just bumping this one in case admins missed it

Hi @briansport13 and @Pauly. The ticket is already in progress and we are hoping to release the feature within the next few weeks. Rest assured, we will keep you updated through this channel. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

Hi. We are delighted to inform you that we have released the feature you requested. You can find more information in this post:

Thanks a bunch!!!

D.

1 Like